Tuesday, July 14, 2009

First Run as Kathy

So tonight was my first run as Kathy in Singin' in the Rain...because I am the understudy, this was quite interesting. I have never run the entire thing straight through; much less with hair, costume, and makeup.

There are a few things that need to be changed/fixed/worked on. Firstly, the hair I had tonight was NO BUENO. It kept falling out, and it isn't too cute anyway, so, there you have it. Also, I need to work on my "ladder of love" dance...that was a little rough...but as far as dances go, they weren't too bad...singing was alright as well...except I CANNOT hear the orchestra during "Lucky Star" so I will have to figure out how to do that... :( As for acting...the first scene was a disaster. I was freaking myself out before the run and so I was freaked out for the first scene, and I delivered my lines SUPER fast...not good. However, once I got past that scene, the rest was totally fine, and felt relaxed and normal, not stressed.

Also, I have been told in the past that I "act" when I act, or in other words, I am not natural on stage. I decided to just relax, not judge myself onstage, and be...normal. And...it wasn't too bad if I can brag here for a second... :) It can still be worked on though (there is ALWAYS something to work on, up until closing night-good motto for you theater people out there) :) Anyway...I know you all want to hear about the kissing part, so here you go:

It was fine. There is obviously no spark between me and Mike, so it is...boring...but, it isn't a big deal for me-more like a job. Haha! That sounds weird... :) but the only thing that WAS weird was that he kisses left, and I kiss right...that made for an interesting first kiss on stage... XD Oh man...he went left, and I went right...that was pretty funny, especially when I called out after the kiss, "you kiss left!!" and his wife yelled from the audience, "you bet he does!!" XD but we talked about it, and he has decided that he will go right for me. What a thoughtful guy. :) But anyway, to be honest, that wasn't the part I was worried about before the show, it was more of the costumes and lines...

Luckily though, everything went pretty smoothly until the "Would You" scene...but it was more of technical problems, not me :) So...there you have it!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about the hair honey :O.....and I still can't get over the fact you kissed a forty year old guy.....*shudders deeply inside herself*...but you know........i'm excited to see it!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah...I just can't think about his age...and it isn't so bad... :)

    ReplyDelete